Owners purchased this business and successfully transformed it from a hardware reseller to a B to B service provider with a Fortune 500 client list. Owners are heavily involved in business development and had delegated responsibility for financial matters to several internal team members.
The business was growing rapidly and the issues and challenges were quickly outpacing the abilities of the internal financial team – and that team acknowledged this and requested assistance. They experienced “big” company challenges and opportunities, but not often enough to justify the cost of a full time CFO. Reporting deficiencies and delays were causing near misses of their loan covenants. The owners wanted to continue their successful focus on business development.
- Supplement the knowledge and skills of their internal financial team with additional resources on an as needed basis.
- Give the owners peace of mind that the finance function was being appropriately managed, allowing them to continue to focus on business growth.
- Implement an outsourced CFO on a part time basis.
- CFO to supervise internal finance team on month end close and preparation of financial statements.
- Handle ongoing CFO matters both on a remote basis as well as on site at client location.
- Development of key performance indicators to track trends and anticipate opportunities
- Preparation and maintenance of ongoing strategic and cash flow plan with a proprietary model developed by Kirsch CPA.
The owners now have the confidence to refocus their attention and efforts on business development and growth, knowing that the finance function is under control. They have access to key metrics 24/7 from wherever they are located through a cloud solution. Their internal accounting team has a variety of resources to draw upon for support. As new business opportunities are developed, they are plugged into the cash flow model to determine their strategic impact.