Do You Need More from Your Accounting Firm?
Is your accountant unintentionally holding back your business and costing you money and opportunity?
The lifecycle of a business has many inflection points. The accountant you used when your biggest concern was filing a tax return likely isn’t the right firm when growth, repositioning and other changing circumstances call for a more strategic approach.
Your choice of an accounting partner can make a big difference at such points, and beyond.
The right accounting and consulting partner can play a critical role in the growth of your business with forward-thinking advice, responsiveness and expertise and a results-oriented approach that positions you to seize opportunities and avoid costly obstacles. The right partner will have a positive impact on your bottom line.
What does a strategic accounting partner do differently? Here are three key attributes.
#1: Forward Thinking
A forward-thinking accounting firm invests the time and resources to learn your business and understand your goals to identify the strategies that can accelerate your growth:
- Bringing unforeseen opportunities to your attention
- Advising you on future plans and not simply focusing on historic results
- Helping you avoid costly mistakes involving cash flow decisions
- Developing a financial game plan to achieve your business goals
Growing companies need more than just easy answers. A responsive partner stays up to date with the latest issues facing your business and works on your timeline to deliver answers when you need them:
- Staying connected and engaged with your team throughout the year
- Offering a wide range of services and resources but one on one interaction with your service team
- Providing timely answers for decisions like capital purchases, new business lines or expansion plans
- Preparing financial statements and cash flow forecasts in real time and when you need them and in a way that provides the business owner timely results and advice
#3: Results Oriented
A results oriented accounting firm is one that works with your goals in mind, driving solutions proactively:
- Providing financial guidance as part of your strategic planning process
- Working through succession and transition planning
- Performing business valuations
- Facilitating M&A activity and advising you on partner or shareholder buyout transitions
- Assisting you with financing and banking relationships
- Bringing other accounting and financial matters to your attention that affect your growth but you never knew to ask about
Is it time for a change? Take the first step and schedule a discovery appointment with a different CPA firm.
Myth: Switching Is Costly & Time-Consuming
Don’t let a relationship that isn’t serving your needs drag on out of loyalty or inertia. The right accounting partner will leave you with more than just improved financial visibility – you’ll have the support you need to make big decisions with confidence. And switching is much easier than you may think.
If you’ve read this far, let’s have a conversation. One of our partners would be happy to talk through your current needs and present you with a strategic financial plan for moving forward.
Sign Up for Email Updates
Share This Post
Accounting & Financial News
Overcoming Stagnant Growth: Strategies to Break Free From a Business Plateau
Plateaus are a normal event in the life cycle of any business, but that doesn’t make them any less frustrating.…
5 Ideas to Help Small Business Owners Reduce Taxes for 2023
As year end approaches, small business owners should review their tax situations to determine ways to lower…